• 0775 658 6400 | 0203 488 3236
  • orders@ethiopiacoffee.uk
  • ethiopiacoffee

Coffee lovers should know this.

Coffee lovers should know this.

Coffee is a wonderful beverage. When it comes to coffee, you are spoilt for choice. You can get franchise coffee, instant coffee or roast your beans and make coffee yourself. There are literally, thousands if not millions of how-to videos about coffee on social media platforms.
In this article, you are going to learn a few things you probably didn’t know about coffee. This guide is divided into three parts; facts, tips on buying and tips on brewing.
Facts
⦁ A recent study recently showed that people who drank significant portions of coffee daily had lower levels of abnormal liver enzymes. This led researchers to conclude that various chemicals in coffee may be helping the liver.
⦁ Health benefits don’t end with the fact above; it has been discovered that taking small amounts of coffee regularly could reduce the risk of clogged arteries that lead to heart attacks. Also, a study in Korea found that young adults who drank moderate amounts of coffee had lower chances of having heart disease. This is due to having low calcium deposits in their arteries.
⦁ In Thailand, Black Ivory coffee is produced from coffee berries defecated by Thai elephants. The coffee taste is influenced by the digestive enzymes found in elephants’ stomach. Black Ivory coffee may cost up to $1,100 per kilogram.
⦁ Do you know why coffee from automatic coffee makers doesn’t taste quite right? It’s because resin builds up in the plastic tray. This happens over time, and that’s why many people don’t look forward to coffee from coffee makers.
⦁ Decaf coffee is not entirely caffeine-free. Studies have shown that the decaffeination process removes 94% – 98% of caffeine. This leaves a whole 2% – 6% of caffeine. So don’t take too much decaf if you want to sleep at night.
⦁ Coffee grown at a high altitude has a superior coffee flavour. Always remember that as altitude increases, a coffee’s flavour becomes more exotic and distinctive.
Tips on buying
⦁ When buying coffee, you should know that unroasted coffee will stay very fresh for months.
⦁ When purchasing international coffee, always make sure that the location where the coffee comes from is specified clearly. Among other things, it can give you an idea of the coffees flavour profile.
⦁ There are plenty of lesser-known coffee blends. Be adventurous, don’t be afraid of trying new coffee.
⦁ A Coffees processing method alters its taste. Coffee that is dry processed has a syrupy body that accompanies a densely fruity flavour. Wet processed coffee, on the other hand, has a citrus flavour with a floral aroma.
Tips on brewing
⦁ Your coffee making devices should always be cleaned. Coffee contains oils that are left behind each time you brew. When left to accumulate over time, the oils can drastically alter the flavour of your coffee. To avoid this, clean your coffee making device using a gentle sponge regularly.
⦁ The Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCA) discovered that coffee brewing water temperature should be between 198° to 202° Fahrenheit. If colder, the coffee would be flat and under-extracted. Hotter water would harm your coffee’s flavour. Thus, it would help if you considered getting a basic kitchen thermometer.
⦁ Once coffee is exposed to oxygen, its taste alters drastically (for the worse). Therefore, only grind as much coffee as you can consume. This helps to keep your coffee fresh.
Final thoughts
While this article is not the definitive guides to coffee, there are some great tips here that can help you while choosing or brewing your coffee.
To recap, you have learned that;
⦁ Coffee can reduce the possibility of having certain diseases, such as heart attacks and liver complications.
⦁ The most expensive coffee is produced from half-digested berries from elephant dung.
⦁ Decaf coffee has some caffeine. Drinking plenty of decafs can make you lack sleep.
⦁ When buying coffee, note that unroasted beans stay fresher for longer.
⦁ You should always clean your coffee making device.
With these few tips, you can now purchase coffee with a little more ease. Now that you know a few benefits and tips, what was your favourite? Tell us in the comments.

Add Comment